Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Nevada: Cultural Competency Training for Social Work
Provides 2 hours of continuing education – Social Workers approval #A 422-05
In this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the importance of cultural competency in healthcare settings.
- Identify multiple religious beliefs which may impact healthcare decisions.
- List communication methods that healthcare practices can provide to the LGBTQ+ community to provide a welcoming and safe environment.
- Identify characteristics of Veterans that may affect their healthcare needs.
- Explain the positive impact on client care of listening to the unique daily needs and compensations of those living with a mental or physical disability.
- Identify personal assumptions about protected classes and how they may have detrimental effects on clients.
- Identify social determinants of health and how they can become barriers to quality care.
Categories: Nevada, Social Work Tags: bias, cultural competency, discrimination, gender, sexual orientation
There are no reviews yet.